Thursday, January 6, 2011

So much better

OK, OK, I know our dinning room chairs were completely dirty and down right disgusting. I'm embarrassed that I didn't fix them sooner, so sorry that you had to sit on those nasty things. Thank goodness for helpful mother-in-laws and Christmas break. It is so nice to have an extra set of adult eyes and hands around. I would like everyone to know that even though the pictures look like I had Mummo doing all the work , I actually helped too. I just had to stop and be the obsessive documenter/picture taker that I am. Thanks for all your help Mummo, they turned out excellent!




Step 1: Remove billions and billions of staples, then measure fabric



The very embarrassing before photos



Step 2: pick out new fabric



Step 3: Stretch and staple, stretch and staple. Careful on those tricky corners



The side by side comparison- again, so sorry that y'all had to sit on those


So, so, so much better


The complete set nicely tucked under the table


Any bets on how long they stay clean? I can tell you that RJ and KJ both have already spilled on their chair. Luckily Greg took the time to spray them with scotch guard. RJ now sits on a towel and they both get daily reminders (threats really) to eat nicely over their plates.

1 comment: