Saturday, July 17, 2010

Run'n in the Dark

Last night the whole family participated in the 3rd annual Moonlight Madness Run. All three of the kids and dad participated in the kids 1 mile fun run. I was so proud of the girls. RJ ran the last half of the race and KJ almost ran the whole thing. She ran a mile in 13 min. Not too bad :) She is already asking when the next race is. She's making her momma so proud. Mom ran the 10k (6 miles). It was so hot outside. I didn't make it in under an hour (really close though), but I didn't walk. We are getting ready for our next family run on August 14th in South Lake Tahoe. This will also have a mile fun run for the kids and I will do a 5k (3 mile) run with Anton in the jogging stroller.



KJ's pre-race photo shoot



On your mark, get set, go



KJ's first pair of running shoes






Look at all that sweat dripping from my head..it was very hot last night. I better get going, I still have three miles to go.



Hooray! We're all done and we both won Gold medals



Celebrating at home with our bling!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm impressed....especially since I'm so "handicapped" in that dept. Running and heat are NOT my forte. Way to go...to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go runner, go runner, GO, GO, GO!!!

    ReplyDelete